Pages

Dance of the divine

Dance of the divine
The divine is seen in everything by those willing to see; smile, the divine is with you always.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Dear David,

Thank you for keeping the faith and hammering away at our uncooperative egos. Your post stirred memories of an event in my life that I've never really understood.

I was attending a TIC annual seminar, and my favorite minister, Russ Martin, was giving a talk. I had been attending the seminars for years, and had seen Russ evolve. My first memory of him was after one of our love power circles, a deep group meditation, always the high point of the seminar. Russ had gone so deep into the meditation that he was unable to come back from it, and a large group of people was working on him, trying to bring him back to ordinary awareness. He finally came back and was OK. Then at subsequent seminars, as he usually gave a talk each year, I would see a bright aura of light around him, and his talks would go right to my heart and light me up as well. Finally, the last seminar I attended, as Susan had come into my life by then and DR replaced TIC as my path, during his talk, which was about his experiences on the path, this time it looked like he was on fire, and the space around him was all bright flames! He was engulfed in the brightest light I've ever seen around anyone. And of course, I too was in ecstasy just from looking at him. When the event was over I rushed up to him and asked him what had happened to him, as I absolutely knew that something had. He told me that he had reached the understanding that his higher selves were no longer needed and he'd asked them to stop coming to him. That he had understood something very like what you are describing.

I just couldn't imaging how this could be. My higher selves had been my teachers and guides for years, ever since I'd had my first breakthrough in the TIC introductory class many years ago, and I loved all of them and couldn't imagine my life without their reassuring presence.

Since that time, I've been getting glimpses of what that life could be like, particularly at Susan's seminars when we've visited the ascended master retreats in meditation. I get that feeling of total surrender of my separate self and I feel the peace that passeth understanding. No desire, no emotion, no need to take any action, total understanding, no more questions, just pure beingness and total love. I guess I had totally surrendered my ego and will to God's will and merged with Him and ceased to exist as "Albert". And what you say about the surrender being worth it is so true. My life is better than it's ever been, and my happiness quotient never higher.

The idea of the I AM as a dark self takes some getting used to. Perhaps "no longer needed or pertinent" would be a more accurate way of putting it.David, you are a precious treasure, keep up the hammering. From the number of responses to your post, you're getting the natives excited.
Much love to you and all,

Albert

Hello Albert,

There could be a number of possibilities regarding what happened. There comes a point when you are realized and no longer need a perceived other to guide you, as you are stable in your own knowing.

Another possibility is when the false self has dissipated enough, you realize the truth that only your higher self is the truth of you and your perceptions are as the higher self embodied.

It could be that he was being guided by beings at a level of consciousness that he had exceeded and that when he stopped looking to them for guidance his own brilliance showed itself.

Once you connect directly to a higher source or the highest source all inputs from lower levels of consciousness are irrelevant as your own perceptions have exceeded the context that your previous guides operate in.

He was not giving up anything except something that had become limiting to him and thus had lost nothing that was of value to him.There is no value to continuing to do what brought you to your current level of consciousness when it is your desire to trancend this level and the next step requires a different process or more expansive point of view. Usually what got you here wont get you there, which is why you changed paths even though he sounds like he embodied the eternal as much as anyone. Why would you leave that?Because you were supposed to for your own maximum gain.

If you are not full of eternal light are you not being a dark self and is this the truth of you? Just because a lie is comfortable doesn't mean that it is the truth.
Kind regards,

David

Hello Albert,

Another comment,
Looking to another to lift you up, only gets you part of the way. For a divine being has to diminish themselves tremendeously in order to communicate with you on a level that you can understand when you are in a state of unknowing, they then return to their normal unmanifest condition. The rest of the way up, you are on your own as there is no "other" left to help you, you encompass all as one, your learning and awareness is expanded to all that is.

Whenever you are lost, look for guidance from above. When you receive it, stay there, don't go back to your comfortable unknowing and don't expect that you know your path, the fastest path is to let God guide your every step without your holding on to the requirement that you continue to be your self. Your self is what is wrong with you and your native selfless nature is what God desires to return you to.

Regards,

David

No comments:

Post a Comment